Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Homework

Monkey started homework today.  First of all, I don't remember having homework in kindergarten.  Of course, I don't remember much from kindergarten, but I am 90% sure that homework was not like this.  There are folders.  With prongs.  There are lists.  In childish fonts.  There are schedules!  For a five year old!  

After dinner, Monkey and I sat down to tackle his first assignments.  Math consisted of tracing numbers  (thank Buddha, that's math I can do).  ABCs took a lot more time than I thought it would.  There was once a time that I thought I could/would teach.  So I entered the School of Education after graduating with my BA, and boy, was that a rude awakening.  Whatever my calling in life, teaching was definitely not it.  Dashed were my dreams of free summers, holidays, and breaks.

Halfway through tracing the letter M over and over, my phone rang with a work issue.  Which led to me having to check my email and then send out some stuff.  Before I started homework with Monkey, I had to shut off Disney Junior, to his disappointment.  (He claimed he just wanted to "listen to it, not watch", but he hasn't heard of multi-tasking yet.)  Once I got on the phone, it was all, "who's that who's that who's that, WHO IS THAT MOMMY?".  Which got Disney Junior turned back on.  You know what else got turned on after that?  Parental guilt.

And by the way, we didn't finish the homework.  FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment