Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gigantic tantrums and abused moms

I was never one of those people that cast judgment upon hapless parents trying to control their precious darlings in Wal Mart, or an airplane. I may be one impatient bitch with a very low tolerance for stupid people, but I have lots of empathy for (good) parents.

Today, as I was carrying my 3 year old, 28lb son in a feeble attempt to control his wailing and flailing, I don't know what I would have thought if I saw me. He was kicking me in the thighs, screaming, and finally...he hit me. An open-hand slap to my left cheek. After his tiny hand made contact with my face, he looked at me with the full knowledge of what he had just done. That was the worst part.

I wanted to kick his ass.

But, being that we were in Wal Mart, and there are a lot of judgmental assholes who are against spanking nowdays, I had to settle for giving him the look of death that I usually reserve for my boss, and pinch his thigh.

I contemplated ditching my one item (new earphones for my iPod) and leaving. But that would just piss me off more, having to leave without the one thing I wanted for myself for today. So I endured one more slap to my head, more kicking, more judgmental looks, and sympathy from the lady in front of me in line.

He's still sitting in time-out an hour later, and he is forbidden to watch tv or have snacks. But at least I have my earphones to drown out his wailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment